The third floor of the Pizzitola Sports Center houses the Kate Brodsky Memorial Squash Pavilion. A nationally ranked squash player while at Brown, Kate Brodsky '90 passed away in her freshman year at the University.
The Pavilion named in her honor houses five international glass back squash courts, bleacher seating for up to 200 spectators, and individual court scoreboards. Brown University and the Brodsky Pavilion hosted the finals of the US Open in 1994 and 1995 - won by Peter Nicol and Jansher Khan respectively.
- There is no charge for Brown or RISD students (one reservation limit per 24 hours period)
- All non-student users must be Recreational Pass Holders (see below)
- You may book a court up to 5 days in advance
- Limit one reservation per 24 hour period
- No Food or Drink (except for water) in the pavillion
- Only non-marking shoes (no black soles)
- All users must bring their Brown/RISD/ B-Fit Recreation ID and swipe in at the Racquet Sport Office (4th Floor) or present a 1-Day Membership prior to playing
- Users who fail to check in with the attendant will be logged and risk losing reservation rights
- You may cancel online or by calling the Racquet Sport Office at 3-1313
- If you are more than 10 minutes later for your reservation your court may be given away
- 1-Day Guest Pass holders may not book courts, they may only play during a current members time
- Varsity matches take priority and are blocked off in the scheduling system ahead of time
IMPORTANT: If you are found to be using marking shoes you will risk losing reservation rights. Please test your soles and sides of shoes ahead of time to assure they will not mark the court
2018 Summer Hours
Use of the Brown Squash Courts is restricted to BROWN/RISD Students and Recreation Pass Holders.
The best way to make a Squash Reservation is via our 24/7 online reservation system. Go to www.brownsquashreservations.com and click 'New User'. You will then be asked to submit some basic information, and once approved you will be able to reserve courts online at your convenience. You may also call 863-1313 to reserve, however, our office hours are limited. The most efficient way to guarantee a court time is via online reservation.
All non-student users of the squash courts must be B-Fit recreation members. Recreation membership info can be found HERE.
1-Day Guest Pass
Non-membership holders may purchase a $10 one day guest pass for use at the squash courts at the below link:
Please print the email receipt and bring it to the Racquet Sport Office (4th floor) prior to playing. You may also buy a guest pass on site in the Racquet Sport Office. Day pass holders cannot make bookings, only play on a current members court. You will be asked to show an ID to the attendant.
Renewing as a Recreation Member
If you have purchased a Rec Pass and registered with the online scheduling system, your system access will automatically cease when your membership expires. To renew you must first purchase a new Rec Membership. Once you have purchased your new membership please forward the membership confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reactivate your squash specific membership.
Pizzitola Locker Room 124 (Men) and 220 (Women) are available for recreation use. Please be aware that during varsity events these rooms will be used for visiting teams. When in use for visiting teams you may use recreation lockerrooms in the OMAC or the Nelson Center.
Step-by-step Online Reservation Guide
1) Go to our Brown Squash Reservations website and register and create a user account. After your affiliation has been confirmed you will receive an email with log-in instructions.
2) Once logged in you will see a screen like this:
3) On the left-hand side calendar click the day you wish to reserve (up to 5 days in advance).
4) The specific schedule for that day will then appear. Click the reservation block you would like to book. You can only reserve times in 1 hour blocks.
5) Click 'Next' on the left hand side
6) Finally, simply click 'Book' and your court is reserved. (one reservation limit per 24 hours)